Welcome to Keystone Insurance, Ireland’s premier supplier of Insurance solutions to the Irish Construction Industry.
Keystone Insurance holds agencies with leading Irish construction insurance providers. We have access to special Builders insurance packages and high risk markets to cover all your insurance needs at the most competitive rates. We provide all forms of Contractors Insurance and the following types of cover are available:
What is Builders Insurance?
Builders Insurance is a broad term which covers a wide range of construction related insurance packages including Public Liability Insurance, Employers Liability Insurance, Contractors All Risks, Machinery Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance & Contract Bonds. [expand title=”read more”]
Builders Insurance is an extremely important consideration for building companies due to the everyday risks involved. [/expand]
Is Builders Insurance expensive?
The cost varies depending on a number of factors such as number of employees, Subcontractors [Insured & uninsured], turnover, claims history etc but overall the cost of builders insurance has fallen dramatically in recent years.
Why not contact us today for a quote? It costs nothing so you have nothing to lose!
Builders Public Liability Insurance
Public Liability Insurance [PL] provides cover in the event that the policyholder is sued by a third party who feels that they have suffered injury or loss as a result of the policyholders’ negligence (lack of care). [expand title=”read more”]
Consider the following examples where Public Liability Insurance will provide cover:
- While renovating a property a wall collapses on a passer by who decides to sue your firm for their injuries.
- While walking along scaffolding one of your staff drops a piece of equipment which falls to the street, injuring a passing pedestrian. The pedestrian makes a claim against your firm.
Click here for more information on Public Liability Insurance or contact us today to discuss your needs [/expand]
Builders Employers Liability Insurance
Employers Liability Insurance [EL] provides cover if any of your employees suffer physical injury or death, and it is proven that as an employer you acted negligently and subsequently could have prevented their loss. If they then decide to pursue you for compensation the insurer will pay the cost of the claim. [expand title=”read more”]
Consider the following examples where Employers Liability Insurance will provide cover:
- An employee loses a finger while using a chop saw and decides to claim against you for his injury
- An employee falls from scaffolding and suffers severe bodily injury. He decides to claim against your firm.
Please note that Public & Employers Liability is offered ‘hand in hand’, that is when arranging construction insurance you will need to arrange both Public Liability & Employers Liability Insurance together [Also known as Combined Liability Insurance] as Employers Liability Insurance is not available on a ‘Stand Alone’ basis.
Click here for more information on Employers Liability Insurance or contact us today to discuss your needs [/expand]
Builders All Risks Insurance
Builders All Risks Insurance (also known as Contract Works or Contractors All Risks Insurance) is an insurance policy specially designed for builders and a number of other trades working at a contract site. Contractors All Risks Insurance can include cover for contract works, own plant, hired-in plant and employee’s tools. [expand title=”read more”] The main part of the contractors all risks insurance is the contract works section which provides cover for the property being worked on (e.g. new house, etc.). However, cover for the existing property is excluded (e.g. the existing structure when building an extension) and must continue to be insured under its own insurance cover.
Consider the following examples where Contractors All Risks Insurance will provide cover:
- You are building a house for resale. So far you have spent €200,000 on materials and labour. The property catches fire and is destroyed before it has been completed.
- You leave an excavator & various equipment on site overnight and these items are stolen.
Click here for more information on Contractors All Risks Insurance or contact us today to discuss your needs [/expand]
Builders Personal Accident Insurance
Personal Accident Insurance [Also known as Income Protection Insurance] is highly recommended for a sole trader, business partners and company directors as a combined liability policy does not cover any injury caused to a sole trader/business partner while it is extremely difficult for a company director to sue his/her own company. We can tailor a policy to your exact needs and our policies include a tax free monthly benefit, a lump sum [capital benefit] and hospital cash. [expand title=”read more”]
Consider the following examples where Personal Accident Insurance will provide cover:
- You cut your hand and are unable to work for eight months. As you have Personal Accident cover you receive a tax free benefit of €1,500 after one month and continue to receive this amount until you return to work.
- Although Personal Accident/Income Protection insurance is no substitute for full time earnings it will provide you with an income if you are unable to earn and it will reduce your financial worries at a time when your recovery should be your number one priority.
- For simplicity we also offer a fixed rate of €600 per annum for builders. This discounted rate includes €1,500 monthly benefit for 24 months (payable after 5 or 28 days inability to work as a result of an accident depending on your occupation), €50 daily hospital cash and a lump sum of up to €150,000 depending on your injury.
Click here for more information on Personal Accident Insurance or contact us today to discuss your needs [/expand]